Attic cleaning services are one of those necessary duties that homeowners overlook until something goes wrong. Unlike other visible areas of your home, an attic is rarely used for anything other than storage. Nonetheless, an attic necessitates the same attention and care as the rest of your house.
Homeowners are often unaware of the issues that can arise in attics, which can cause severe damage and hazardous health risks if left ignored.
When raccoons, mice, rats, and bats nest in your attic, this poses a risk. This causes feces and urine to contaminate your home insulation. Without your attention, these toxins and odors could spread throughout your house, putting you and your family in danger.
What Is The Best Way To Clean And Disinfect My Attic?
Hiring a professional is your most excellent option for cleaning and sanitizing your attic. They have the tools and skills to complete the work correctly and ensure your attic is safe.
However, if you opt to undertake the work yourself, here are some pointers:
- Dust: Thoroughly clean each section of your attic. Windows, frames, wooden beams, walls, and baseboards are all included.
- Vacuum: Use your vacuum to remove any debris. To avoid allergy issues, use a product with a high-quality bag and filter.
- Disinfect: Disinfect the attic with urine, nesting materials, and urine. To remove viruses and germs, soak them in a high-quality bleach solution. Allow the disinfectant to sit briefly before wiping away the infection.
- Remove any feces: Pick up nesting materials, urine, and droppings using a paper towel. Place the objects in a rubbish bag, seal it, and dispose of them properly. Remember to put on gloves.
- Brush repeatedly: Brush the attic thoroughly and apply your disinfectant to keep contaminants at bay. Wash and rinse the area with a mop and soap.
Three Crucial Reasons To Clean And Disinfect Your Attic Insulation
- Health risks: A decontaminated attic eliminates any health risks linked with germs, spores, and bacteria found in rat feces, urine, and nests. This is especially true if rats or mice defecate or urinate in attic air ducts, which circulate air throughout a house.
- Concerns about odor: Any odors created by rodent feces, urine, or dead animals are eliminated in a sanitized attic.
- Home selling value: A germ-free attic with modern insulation should impress prospective buyers. It demonstrates your dedication to attic cleaning. No home buyer should put up with a rodent-infested loft.
Several Factors & Attic Cleanup Cost Estimates
This sounds like a lot of labor, so it must be costly, right? No, not always! We will admit, however, that it is not easy to provide specific costs due to the numerous variables at play. The following factors influence attic cleanup costs:
- How much debris should be sucked up?
- The attic’s accessibility and/or the distance between the attic and our truck
- Attic space measurement
- How much preparation is required?
- Mold is present.
The average attic rubbish and insulation removal costs between $1.50 and $3 per square foot. If mold is present, however, prices rise to the top of that range or higher — roughly $4.5-$6 per square foot. Consider the above variables and anticipated costs when deciding if your home may benefit from an attic cleanout and insulation examination.
Again, providing a precise pricing price without viewing your specific place is challenging, and the estimates above are not binding. Book a free consultation today to obtain an accurate estimate of how much attic cleaning will cost in your house.
Attic Cleaning Insulation: DIY vs. Professional
If the attic only requires thorough cleaning and there is no threat of spreading mold spores or inhaling deadly bug droppings, a homeowner can quickly remove any clutter from the room. Many homeowners choose to clear their attic area if they don’t have to deal with mold or vermin problems.
It is highly advised that homeowners use a professional attic cleaning service to inspect the attic and handle the decontamination, deodorization, disinfecting, and cleaning of the space. If a homeowner detects harmful conditions in their attic, a professional can solve the problem before it becomes costly. Early detection of a mold or rat infestation might save money on attic cleaning.
Request An Estimate For Attic Cleaning Services
If you live in Ontario and need a professional to clean, sanitize, and cleanse your attic before installing new insulation, please get in touch with us online or call +1437-219-7139 Confirmedc for a price estimate.
Common Questions About Attic Cleaning Services
Q: How frequently should I clean my attic?
Attics should preferably be deep cleaned once a year. People are advised to inspect their homes once a month for leaks, bugs, mold, and weird odors.
Q: How much time does it take to clean an attic?
The time it takes to clean an attic depends on its size and condition. Cleaning an average-sized attic takes about a day, but it can take longer for more extensive attics or if there are substantial concerns to address.
Q. What are some strategies to save money on attic cleaning?
A yard sale is one method to save money on attic cleaning. Selling items stored in the attic can help pay for the cleaning expenses. Furthermore, a dehumidifier can help keep mold and mildew at bay in an attic.