Before jumping into the bathroom shower remodel project, you need to establish your goal and determine how much time, energy, and money you want to invest and what exactly you expect the return on investment will be.
Below, we will talk about how you can do a shower renovation quite economically.
Budget-friendly bathroom shower remodel ideas
Before beginning the shower renovation process, you need to have a clear answer to these questions:
- Is this remodel project going to add to your home’s value noticeably?
- Is there something that makes you satisfied with your master bathroom remodel routines?
Depending on your selected shower type, you need to adjust your budget accordingly. All kinds of showers, like shower stalls or walk-in showers, have their own set of challenges.
Before going through the heart of the shower remodel project, there are a few crucial points you need to keep in mind:
- You need to replace the poor floors, plumbing, and walls. This will significantly impact the total cost of the project.
- Refuse to buy cheap and low-quality materials because they create too many problems in the long run.
- Do not sign an agreement with the first contractor you find. Shop around to find an experienced one who offers a reasonable price. Remember, an expensive option does not always mean the best.
- A DIY shower remodel project can save money on labor costs. But the point is, you must have some skills. Not to mention that the cost of repairing a poor job can be significantly higher than the cost of labor.
- Remember that bathroom shower remodeling can cost between $1,100-$5,500. So, before starting your project, plan your budget accurately.
Walk-in shower remodels vs. tub remodels
During the project, you will probably need to deal with either a bathtub or a walk-in shower. If you find the appropriate materials for the project, you can remodel both on a budget.
You only have two options: either purchase a new tub liner or refinish the current tub. Buying a whole new bathtub can be a great idea if the cost is not an issue for you.
Refinishing the bathtub is the most budget-friendly option, which involves sanding, painting, cleaning, and patching the existing bathtub. For this purpose, you can hire a professional or do it yourself.
Refinishing your bathtub can be a perfect choice if you are not looking for a complete shower remodel.
Although a new bathtub liner is more expensive, it is the best option if you want a durable and long-lasting material. While a liner is a whole new addition, refinishing merely adds a thin layer of new material.
The drawbacks of a bathtub liner:
- Reduce the size of your tub significantly.
Walk-in shower remodel
Walk-in shower renovations are typically more expensive than tub upgrades because you need to consider more factors and variables, like shower doors, floors, and walls.
Tile or Acrylic
When it comes to a bathroom remodel, the materials you choose for your shower are very crucial. Choosing low-cost materials while you are redesigning the shower is easier said than done.
Acrylic and Fiberglass
When it comes to shower remodel kits, acrylic and fiberglass are two of the top budget-friendly options that can be quickly and easily applied to shower walls. Remember, if you want to apply acrylic to a smooth surface when replacing tile, you must first remove all of the old tiles.
Even though it might be the less expensive alternative, you should go for designs and styles that match your room and give you the appearance you want. You can select the acrylic panel that meets your needs: modern, industrial, or traditional.
Fiberglass shower pans are a great, less expensive alternative to re-tiling your shower floor. You can easily find the ones that perfectly match your room because they are available in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and styles. When you go through a bathroom renovation and want to upgrade your walk-in or shower stall, choose this budget-friendly option.
Remember, you must consider the cost of tearing out the tub and disposing of it if you want to convert it from a tub to a walk-in shower.
If you have your heart set on tile, the top two budget-friendly options are ceramic and porcelain tiles. However, ceramic tiles are better because they are less expensive than porcelain. Both materials are sturdy, reliable, and long-lasting if fitted correctly. However, your expenses may go up if you decide to re-tile the shower’s tiles. You will save some bucks if you choose to DIY, but it can be time-consuming.
bathroom shower remodel cost
You’re probably wondering how much this project will cost you. It is estimated that the average cost for shower remodeling is a little above $3,000. However, depending on what you desire, that price can vary greatly. Here is a cost breakdown of a basic shower remodel.
- Acrylic shower kits cost between $150 and $250 and easily fit over your current tub and shower walls, giving them a brand-new appearance. However, they cannot last as long as tiles and are only available in a small selection of colors and designs.
- Alternatively, updating your tiles and fixtures can provide significant visual appeal without breaking the bank. These inexpensive ceramic tiles only start at $1.30 per square foot.
- Consider the simple glass door and traditional shower set for a modern and fresh look while remaining on a budget. The cost of a simple glass door will be between $100-$300, and traditional shower sets start at around $40.
Always keep in mind that you do not need to spend too many bucks on a shower renovation. It is normal if you want to stick to a budget.
If you need a professional team to help you complete your project error-free at a reasonable price, contact us. Our professionals at ConfirmedC are always ready to help you and give free consultations.